Mexico Trade Mission
Solar Unlimited sells and engineers commercial solar hot water systems. This is a very small part of the renewable energy market and therefore ignored. Solar hot water can be used for domestic hot water and/or space heating.
Solar Unlimited was one of 5 businesses to participate in the first trade mission to Mexico on September 29, 2015.
Global Delaware, through their representative in Mexico City, set 9 appointments over 3 days. Five were with prospect hospitals and 4 with installers. All 9 appointments were successful.
In November, Bob Kingston, nationally recognized solar energy expert, and I went to Mexico to conduct the site surveys at the hospitals. The installer, Ecotermic selected to partner with us, accompanied us on the site surveys.
As of January 2016, we have 3 of the 5 hospitals ready for the next step. Our installer partners are ready to begin the prep work on our first hospital the first week of February.
Based upon the results to date, we are projecting 12 sales in 2016 representing $850,000 to $950,000 in export business.
The trip organizer, Beth Pomper, and her staff were knowledgeable and very helpful. Beth’s selection of Miguel de Regil who set my appointments was outstanding and very professional as were the Spanish interpreters.
What We Do:
- We sell solar hot water systems to hospitals who want to reduce energy costs of up to 85% with an investment payback in 2 to 3 years. And the environment wins with an average CO2 reduction of approximately 75,000 kilograms per year.
- Unlike other solar companies, we sell custom solutions.
- We sell direct to the end user.
- We joint venture with our installer, Ecotermic.
- The installer will provide annual system maintenance.
- The installer will provide technical support backed up by our engineers.